There are several common methods of employee theft at convenience stores:
- Taking products without paying for them: This could include taking single items or multiple items over time.
- Taking cash from the register: This could include taking small amounts of cash over time or stealing a large amount of cash in one incident.
- Giving away products or discounts to friends or family: This could include giving away products for free or at a discounted price, or using the store’s discount system to give unauthorized discounts.
- Misusing store credit or gift cards: This could include using store credit or gift cards for personal purchases or selling them to others for cash.
- Falsifying records: This could include altering sales records or inventory counts to cover up the theft of products or cash.